A cookie is a small file which we place on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system, such as with Google Analytics.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Types of cookies
- Store information that allow your identification
- Track back your browsing after you have abandoned our site
- Use the cookies without your consent, in the event such consent is necessary
How to manage cookies?
- Session cookies: these are mainly used by online shops and allow you to keep items in your basket when shopping online. These cookies expire when the browser is closed
- Permanent cookies: these remain in operation, even when you have closed the browser. They remember your login details and password so you don’t have to type them in every time you use the site.
- Third-party cookies: these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behaviour, demographics etc.
You may at any time control the way in which the cookies are stores in its PC or, alternatively remove them through change in your browser´s configuration For more information on how to manage cookies please see below.How to disable cookies in your browser
Here’s how to prevent new cookies from being installed and how to delete existing cookies. The exact procedure depends on which browser you are using.Internet Explorer
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies :Firefox
To prevent new cookies from being installed :
To delete existing cookies:Google Chrome
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies :Safari
To prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies :